Prev: Re: A bit of SGII Fiction Next: Re: Roles of various ship classes

Re: Roles of various ship classes

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 19:49:50 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Roles of various ship classes

Excerpts from FT: 7-Jan-98 Re: Roles of various ship c.. by to@stsci.edu

> >Specificly, what kind of ship was appropriately
> >armed with Pulse Torpedos.
>
> No one ever worries about what type of ship I put a pulse torp in
> 'cause I rarely, if ever, hit with the bloody things. Even at point-
> blank range.	:-/  (hey, Aaron, *how* many P-torps did I fire in that
> last game of ours, and *how* close were my ships to yours, and *how*
> many hit on a '3' or better? '2' or better?)

Well, lessee... overall, actually, you didn't do too poorly, 'cause I
didn't take out the 'Teske' until later.  (Yes, he named a ship after
me.  Yes, it was the only one that ever hit with it's pulse torp.  I'm
not sure if there's a connection or not....)

But that first salvo was 4 or 5 pulse torps at 4+, as I recall, and you
rolled a '3' for each and every one.  Next salvo, the Teske hit for 1
point, then the Teske hit for 2 points, then 4, then 4, then I killed
it. ^_^  (The Wikan, incidentally, didn't do anything for Kochte.... ^_-
)

I think that about covers it.

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: A bit of SGII Fiction Next: Re: Roles of various ship classes