Prev: Re: WSGS Tournament. Next: Re: Okay, now I've played and watched FT

Okay, now I've played and watched FT

From: mehawk@c... (Michael Sandy)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 19:02:36 -0800
Subject: Okay, now I've played and watched FT

Well, I've now played and watched some more FT games
in action.

Basic lessons learned:
1)  If your only advantage is range and mobility,
ie Escorts vs Bulk Tankers, don't close.  Don't
let yourself be pressured by a time limit into
attacking quickly in order to do more damage.

2)  When fighting several ships with the same firepower,
concentrate all your firepower on the ship with the
weakest defenses.  The only difference between some of
the book heavy ships is how many shields and fighter
groups they have.

3)  Everybody seems to have their own house rules for
how exactly movement works, so make sure everybody
agrees ahead of time.

Michael Sandy

Prev: Re: WSGS Tournament. Next: Re: Okay, now I've played and watched FT