Prev: RE: Tenders and stuff Next: A few piccies on a web site....

Re: 3 arc cost

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 19:01:44 -0800
Subject: Re: 3 arc cost

Greetings,
     I think that all involved in the mass/arc discussion are
stuck in WWII with the big gun battleship.   The (personal)
problem I have with this is that our ships are armed with
(charged) particle beams and the turrets being talked about
are (more than likely) a manipulated energy field thru a
series of surface mounted emitters.   All of the directional
changes would be handled thru different levels of energy
in the various emitters to change target and control the
field for focus (range) changes.
     The wave and nova are the big guns of FT and are always
left out of the discussion, these would correspond to the 11 to
18 inch guns of the battleships.   This means that the 'A'
moves to the cruiser range of guns (5.5 to 9.1") along with the
'B'.
     The 'C' is all of the smaller and DD size dual purpose
weapons.

     Well, after having typed the above rubbish, perhaps a
suggestion/option is in order:
1)  Handle the perceived problem with a points change in the
    a battery.
2)  Change all beam batteries, (A/B/C) to only one die and
    allow the B to penetrate one and the A to penetrate two
    screens without penelty.   Possibly change the base damage
    for beams to: A=3, B=2, and C=1, in addition to the
    penetration.

Just some thoughts,

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: RE: Tenders and stuff Next: A few piccies on a web site....