Prev: Re: Earth Force Source Book Next: RE: Tenders and stuff

Re: Earth Force Source Book

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:13:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Earth Force Source Book

My 2 cents (used to be four penn'orth, but I've gone American now !)

>>    Some of these are ships from Babylon 5 Wars and have been
>>designed differentely for a variant of
>>Full Thrust rules.
>>
>>     Can someone shed some light on this please?
>
>Well, this has been discussed a buncha times already; did you miss the
>posts? I don't know how up-to-date Jerry Han's archiving of the FT
posts
>are, but you might check there for details.
>
>Basically Jon T came out and said they tried to design as they saw and
>interpreted the show, AOG did the same. Both system/game/ship designs
>were submitted to WB for canonical approval, and both were accepted.
>So, you take it for what it's worth. My, personally I think the
Hyperions
>have jumpdrives. Just because we haven't seen them use them doesn't
mean
>they don't.  *shrug*
>
>As for fighter squadrons, well...I think they carry one, but what do I
know?

I agree, I think the major military vessels would have jump drives,
perhaps
the pre-Minbo war Hyperion did not but surely the post war one would.  I
also think the Hyperions should only have one figher group, the hangae
just
doesn't look right for two, plus all the background fluff indicates the
shortcomming of the Hyperion is its lack of offensive fighter support.
In
addition,  I fing they play better with one group rather than two, two
seems just too poweful.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: Earth Force Source Book Next: RE: Tenders and stuff