Prev: Re: Dual Wave Gun Ship Next: FTL in campaign games

Re: Missiles and Submunition ideas

From: Brian Bell <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 18:06:54 -0800
Subject: Re: Missiles and Submunition ideas

> o why not develop some rules for ships which can
> transfer missiles or submunitions from cargo to
> launcher?
>
> So for 4 Mass a ship could have 1 missile launcher
> and a total of three missiles for 18 points.
> One provision I'd make is that it takes a full turn
> to reload a missile.
> Missile Phase
> 1)  Fire loaded missile
> 2)  Load missile from cargo
> 3)  Fire 2nd missile.

This is OK if both ships are within 1" of each other and stopped or on
the
same course and velocity.

Also I would make the team with the reloader pay for the reloading ship
(in
points) for fleet design, victory conditions, and game balace.

Both ships would have to spend the turn just reloading the missiles (No
firing, no *DAF, no course change, no velocity change).

Also I would say that any attack on a reloading ship (or the supplier
ship)
would have a 50% (1-3 d6) chance of exploding the missile (due to a
direct
hit, or missload of the missile).

I think this is a good idea for a specialty scenerio (attack the
refueling/rearming point) but should not happen during a normal battle.
--
Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com

Prev: Re: Dual Wave Gun Ship Next: FTL in campaign games