Prev: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships Next: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships

Re: Adam Delafield ship design

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 14:29:48 +0000
Subject: Re: Adam Delafield ship design

>In message <199712042136_MC2-2ACA-12DC@compuserve.com> Brian Bell
writes:
>> Jon Tuffley,
>> I was going through the Full Thrust Ship Registry and found this
design b> y
>> Adam Delafield. Perhaps you could re-work it for FTFB and include a
note
>> about Adam.
>
>The ship is very Adam. It is not at all a weenie design, since it
>carries many single-arc B-batteries, which are not often found in
>anybodies design specs, nor is it an odd-thrust capital. It is a
>broadside ship, and the stats reflect the visual appearance of the
>model that it represents.
>
>I don't think that it is a very appropriate design for inclusion
>in the FTFB. It is based off of a GW model, which would be an odd
>thing to put in a book of designs for GZG ships. I do understand
>the sentiment, of course.
>
>--
>David Brewer

David - I tend to agree with you on the above; the designs may well have
place in a compendium of general ship designs, but the FTFB will be
specific to the designs of the FT miniatures.
However, I have mentioned before that the FTFB itself will be dedicated
Adam's memory for all the service and enthusiasm he provided for this
list,
plus there will probably be a Delafield Class ship somewhere in the NAC
listings.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships Next: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships