Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: EF Sourcebook watch: DAY TWO

Re: EF Sourcebook, Carrier vs. Big Guns, and other thoughts

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 10:39:12 +0000
Subject: Re: EF Sourcebook, Carrier vs. Big Guns, and other thoughts

>Well, the Earthforce Source Book showed. Unfortunately, at the local
store,
>and not my mail box. Don't know how far in advance the distributors
paid,
>but I had figured my pre-pay would put me somewhere near the head of
the
>line. Mark can blame the PS; as for me, it's the last Chameleon
Eclectic
>product I'll knowingly buy.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the problem could well be that the
printers ship books directly to the distributors, rather than them going
CE/WF and then on to distributors. CE's shipment of copies (from which
your
pre-order would presumably come) supposedly gets sent to them at the
same
time as the distributor shipments go out, but I believe that when the
RPG
book came out they didn't get their own supply until some days AFTER the
distributors had got theirs and shipped on to the stores.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Gunboats in FT... Next: Re: EF Sourcebook watch: DAY TWO