Prev: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships Next: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships

Re: Star Trek Rules

From: Brian <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 20:43:39 -0800
Subject: Re: Star Trek Rules

>    I would like to know if most people on the list use a common set
of>rules
for Star Trek or many home grown sets. I found a set I kinda liked on
>the web, but it seems to produce some unbalanced results.
>
>    Also no ,matter which rule set I use, the ships turn out to all be
very
>large to make room for the extra systems that all ST ships seem to
have, ie:
>shields, transporters, tractor beams. Fighters as such seem to work out
>small escort ships, based on the fact that they all (except Bajoran and
>Kazon) have warp power. For example, a type IV shuttle is mass 2
(FTL,drive
>and sheild system). An armed shuttle is mass 4.
>
>Scott

Another way to handle it but provide faster play is to divide the tons
of the
weapons by 1/2 or 1/4. Thus you wou would fit 2 (or 4) C Beams into 1
ton. Or a
Romulan Plasma beam, pardon me SMNC into 8 (or 4) tons. This would lower
the
damage point total and overall tonnage of the ships while maintianing
the
balance of the weapons.

--
Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com

Prev: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships Next: Re: Boarding Ships and Landing Ships