Prev: Re: Fast Capitals Next: Re: SV: What makes a Capital ship Capital?

Re: Earthforce Sourcebook is in!

From: Jonathan white <jw4@b...>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 08:55:11 +0000
Subject: Re: Earthforce Sourcebook is in!

At 20:08 04/12/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I've played a couple of games of it and I can say I'm not too
overwhelmed
>by it.  It seems you have to do an awful lot of damage to functionally
>disable ships, and fighters seems very unbalanced vs ships.  I think
I'll
>probably end up using it for small ship/fighter combat (the fighter
minis
>are quite nice) as i'm not wild about thier resolution of ship to ship
>combat.
Do you mean the EarthForce Sourcebook rules or the B5 wars rules?

As it is, what you say would fit very well with the B5 universe way of
doing things. In the B5 universe a ship attacked by fighters without
cover
is in deep trouble - a squadron of starfuries could probably take out a
carrier in quite short order. They'd take heavy casualties doing it but
they'd manage it. Basically, in B5, offensive technology is
significantly
more advanced than defensive technology, so a fighter is a bigger threat
than it's size would signify.

Hmmm.. anyone got rules for Missiles in B5?I have a sudden itching to
recreate 'Endgame' now I've seen it on a big TV with surround sound...

				TTFN
					Jon

Prev: Re: Fast Capitals Next: Re: SV: What makes a Capital ship Capital?