Prev: Re: Fast Capitals Next: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital?

SG2 organization(RE: FT PBEM)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:10:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: SG2 organization(RE: FT PBEM)

On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Denny Graver wrote:
(snip)

> Newbie SG2 question:
>
> What are the rules for unit coherancy for squads in a platoon - do
they
> have to be within 2" of another squad or what ?

No. Not as I read the rules, and not realistically. ELEMENTS (figures)
of
a SQUAD have to be within 2", SQUADS in a PLATOON can be spread out as
much as you want. The only advantage to being close, aside from mutual
fire-support, is the 6" communication rule - for ease of communication.

Pardon the ALL CAPS, they're for clarity not shouting...

> PBEM: SG2 or Dirtside
> Has anyone tried these as PBEM ?

This might be interesting - hard tho, as you don't give exact numerical
movement orders as in FT. Some sort of map with 1" grid points all over
would be needed...

No time, tho, not for me...

Later,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Prev: Re: Fast Capitals Next: Re: What makes a Capital ship Capital?