Prev: Re: cm scale Next: Re: FT PBEM (was: Anti-missile defenses

Re: Fast Capitals

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 05:51:19 -0800
Subject: Re: Fast Capitals

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, John Leary wrote:
>
> >	 Yes, I round odd points up for turning, but then everyone
> > in the group does this, and the person running the game agreed.
> > Do I have guilt feelings, not on your life.
>
> Guilt? Why should you, it's your game.
>
> The point I wanted to make that this rounding is (yet another) grey
area
> in the rules. However you interpret it is going to fundamentally
affect
> the way the game plays and how the point balance lies -- and you
> neglected to mention this house rule of yours. It appears we are
playing
> fundamentally a different game, so my experiences and analyzes are not
> very valid in your game, nor are yours in mine.
>
> Though I must say, given a rule like that, I'd probably only field
> odd-thrust ships. Turning is much more important than straight
> acceleration.
>
> --
> maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)	    | A pig who doesn't
fly
> +358 50 5596411 GSM +358 9 80926 78/FAX 81/Voice  | is just an
ordinary pig.
> Maininkitie 8A8 02320 ESPOO FINLAND | Hate me?    |	       - Porco
Rosso
> http://www.swob.dna.fi/~maxxon/     | hateme.html |
Mikko,
     I normally do not break down the thrust ratings on the escorts
as the cost factor is not worth the (minimal) effort involved.
I will have to go back and look for it but somewhere the rules say
(or strongly infer) that all 'point fives' are rounded up.
     You are quite correct, turning is considered more valuble.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: cm scale Next: Re: FT PBEM (was: Anti-missile defenses