Prev: RE: cm scale Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT

RE: Anti-missile defenses in FT

From: David Petterson <petto@u...>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 20:26:27 +1100
Subject: RE: Anti-missile defenses in FT

>From ROBERTSON,Brendan

>The only problem with using a missile fleet, is what happens if the
>salvo misses.	It really is a oneshot weapon & if failed you generally
>get chewed up pretty badly by beam based ships.

	Yeah, most of the fleets that I have encountered had a few
missile boats,
approx 1 in 5 say, and they salvoed and jumped out, basically it was
designed as an 'softening up' manouver.  Or you hold them in reserve,
and
jump 'em in and they hammer a dreadnought that has had it's
manoueverability cut or somesuch.

>I agree that missile defences need to be improved.  A good compromise
>fix is to allow ECM to add +1 to your *DAF fire against missiles.  On
>average, this improves the chances enough for a ship to survive a
>missile strike.

	Yeah this is a good idea.  But I still like the idea of using
fighters to
intercept the missiles, anyone have any ideas as to possible mechanics
this?  As for the 5-6 to hit idea, not sure.  No idea as to how well a
phalanx style system should be able to handle them..... but I think I
will
make it a rule in the next game to give it a try.  Coz I know that most
of
the people I play with think missiles are nasty.

David Petterson

Life is a tragedy to those who feel
A comedy to those who think

	- Denton

Prev: RE: cm scale Next: Re: Anti-missile defenses in FT