Prev: Re: SV: Submunitions questions Next: WT stats for German ships

RE: WET THRUST CONVERSION AGAIN!!!

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:15:15 -0700 (MST)
Subject: RE: WET THRUST CONVERSION AGAIN!!!

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Martin Gaskell wrote:

> I have already got the rules what I need is the rules for converting
say the
> British and germans over to full thrust because all that is supplied
is
> Japanese and Americans.

The current conversion rules should be same for Japanese and Americans
as
it is for British and Germans.	However, the Atlantic theatre has not
been
tested so there may be quirks in the conversion.  One item that older
British ships may require is the Magazine critical hit location.  These
ships had deficient armor over the tops of the magazine a la Bismark
chase, and therefore this particular critical hit was added.  If the
Magazine fails a critical roll, it immediates does 1d6 damage to the
ship
which may cause another critical check.

For Smoke rules - A destroyer or other smoke layer can apply up to 3"x1"
smoke per turn, if it travels faster than 3" it can only lay 3".  Each
layer of smoke adds 6" to the range of the shot - i.e. ships 12" apart
with 1 layer of smoke shoot as if they were 18" apart for number of dice
-
this is the effective range.  Plunging shell fire is still calulated on
the true range - i.e. you only get to hit deck armor if the true range
is
>24".  Multiple smoke screens may place targets out of effective range,
indicating that sighting is so poor that the fall of shot can not be
determined and it is effectively useless to try to land shells on
target.
Ranges of 6" or less are not effected by smoke.

Please drop aline if you need the actual numbers for conversion for
caliber to batteries, " of armor to armor level and speed to " of
movement.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: SV: Submunitions questions Next: WT stats for German ships