Prev: Tenders, among other things Next: 27Nov97, Greetings

Re: Total Free Spaceship Strtategy Game

From: ngilsena@i...
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 17:38:47 +0000
Subject: Re: Total Free Spaceship Strtategy Game

> Date: 	 Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:33:34 -0800
> From: 	 Thomas.Granvold@Eng.Sun.COM (Tom Granvold)
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Re: Total Free Spaceship Strtategy Game
> Cc:		 david@binary.net.au

> > Has anyone created a free set of rules that have any level of
> > internet support? When I first thought of this I figured, why
> > would anyone do it for free, but lots of people write quality
software
> > for free. I suppose they do it for recognition and the love of it.
>
>    Actually there are several sets of free rules available on
> internet.  See my web site for a list of these at
> http://www.scruz.net/~granvold/spaceship/spacewww.html
>
> Enjoy,
> Tom Granvold

I would recommend Overlord from Continous Conflict.  There is a link
to this from Toms page.  It is of particular interest to anyone who
plays any Renegade Legion games, as it is actually based on the RL
universe.  In fact I beleive it was at one point supposed to be
released as an RL game but FASA lost interest in the series.
Also look out for the 2nd edition rules of interceptor (a RL game)
which have been released on this website.  Its a space fighter combat
game.  Its at this site.

 http://home.istar.ca/~olb_tam/RenLeg/main-g.shtml

If anyones wondering, yes I am a big fan of the RL Universe.
That might colour my views a bit.
Niall Gilsenan,
Dublin Institute of Technology,
College of Catering and Tourism,
Cathal Brugha St, Dublin 1,
Ireland.

Prev: Tenders, among other things Next: 27Nov97, Greetings