Prev: Re: B5 Minatures Next: Tenders, among other things

New UFTWWWP ideas.

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:09:37 -0500
Subject: New UFTWWWP ideas.

Mark,
Be sure to maintain backward support for web browsers.

Design
======
ALT
Someone reciently let me know that my page was unreadable with a text
only
web browser. When I redesinged my page, I forgot to place ALT tags so
that
text only viewers could know information that was expressed in a
graphic.

Frames
Frames are OK as long as you ensure that all information is (easily)
accessable without using frames. Frames are best as a navigation tool
(mirroring the links off your main page).

Nested Frames
Avoid these. I thought that they were really cool, until I found out
that
if you go from a nested framset to a page (inside the main frame) web
browsers tend to forget to draw scrollbars! I am in the process of
removing
my nested frames from my site.

Content
=======
Your content is wonderfull! I just ask that when you set a URL for an
item
(scenerio, rule set, counter images, etc.) that you do not move or
rename
the URL. Since your page is THE default FT page, all us mortals often
link
to pages on your site to save space on ours while still offering the
information. I try to do this so that others can link to my pages if
they
want to.

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

Prev: Re: B5 Minatures Next: Tenders, among other things