Prev: Re: Unfair Kamikazes? Next: Re: SV: FTL Mines

Re: Unfair Kamikazes?

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 23:12:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Unfair Kamikazes?

>I personally think that the games we play are primarilly for 1) fun and
then
>2) to win. When people seem to be so obsessed with 2) the game just
starts
>to become pointless.  I think that the influence of the Evil Empire
company
>has had a lot to do with this. I know that I much prefer to play fun
games
>then really really really competitive games. When it comes down to it,
they
>are just games.

Amen!

>.... however if we are
>running a campaign people are rather loathe to ram ships, better to
live
>and fight another day.

You might want to set a rule to the effect that for either side to
declair
victory, the fleet that destroys the enemy or forces him to flee, must
have
25% of his ships (points and number) survive or it is considered a draw.

25% is rather a bloodthursty number. And ultimatly unsustainable. But
easy
to measure.
What are acceptable losses?

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

Prev: Re: Unfair Kamikazes? Next: Re: SV: FTL Mines