Prev: Revision Numbers - summary Next: The Waiting Is OVER !!

Re: Gunboats in FT...

From: "Alun Thomas" <alun.thomas@c...>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 17:13:08 +0000
Subject: Re: Gunboats in FT...

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Tony Francis wrote:
[...]
> > Strikeboats of mass 3, thrust 8 carrying two submunition
> > packs launched from carriers and costing 18 points - a legal FT
> > design.
> Actually, it isn't. If you're playing pure vanilla rules, you can't
have
> an odd mass hull.

Er, where does it explicitly say that you can't have odd mass hulls ?

I've not seen it. However, FT does give clear formulae for deriving
point cost and payload space from hull size - Ok, they don't give
integer results for odd mass hulls, but they do give results.

The rules as written imply that a mass 3 in-system ship would have
2.25 points of space (ie 75% of 3) available for systems. Since
there aren't any systems with mass <1 that's effectively 2.

(actually, I think MT adds some systems which use a %age of mass,
which could also give fractional results)

>  And techically, you'd need a FTL tender, not a carrier.
Only if using FT alone. If you're using MT, you can carry them
internally.

Alun.

Prev: Revision Numbers - summary Next: The Waiting Is OVER !!