Prev: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions Next: Brian's posts are strange, was Re: FTL Kamikaze

Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 21:34:11 GMT
Subject: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997 23:41:57 -0800, John Leary <realjtl@sj.bigger.net>
wrote:

>Allen,
>     You have surprised me, I did expect some return comments but
>"sensor range to short" was not one of them.

I may not have been clear. I thought YOUR sensor ranges were just
find. I thought the 54" and 36" ranges in FT2 are too short. In
particular, I don't like the ratio of active to passive. I think the
passive range is too long compared to the active range, and I think
the active range is too short. In last year's play by mail, there were
only about 2 turns of active sensor attempts before the ships were in
passive/beam range. I didn't think this was long enough.

By the way, it's "Allan" not "Allen."

"Unlike serial killer profiling, writing is a lonely and
depressing profession." - Jose Chung, Millenium

Prev: Re: Of Sensors and Needles - Some Questions and Suggestions Next: Brian's posts are strange, was Re: FTL Kamikaze