Prev: FTL Mines Next: Bogey Symbols

Re: FTL Kamikaze

From: Brian <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 14:24:33 -0800
Subject: Re: FTL Kamikaze

> Agreed. When we wrote FT, we made the mistake of not anticipating the
> hordes of munchkin players.....
> A suggested (simple) fix, that will in all probability be adopted in
FTIII,
> is to leave the FTL proximity damage rules as they are , except for
> removing the bit about damage to other ships - so that a ship engaging
FTL
> too close to something else will still damage/destroy ITSELF, but not
harm
> any other vessels.
> IMHO this still preserves the feel of the intention of the rule (that
you
> can't safely FTL if you are close to another object) but instantly
removes
> any benefit of FTL Kamikaze tactics.

I would hate to loose this rule. It makes for a good alternative to a
ram as a last ditch effort to stop an enemy.

I agree however, that it should not be a commonly used tactic. Perhaps a
manditory rule about purposely leaving the board. Something like each
ship that purposely leaves the play area, counts 4x its value (points,
victory points, or ships).

--
Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com