Prev: Re: Revision Numbers [OFFICIAL REPLY] Next: FTL Kamikaze (was:Re: cm scale)

Re: Revision Numbers [OFFICIAL REPLY]

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 17:10:18 +0000
Subject: Re: Revision Numbers [OFFICIAL REPLY]

>On Fri, 21 Nov 1997 18:46:28 +0000, jon@gzero.dungeon.com (Ground Zero
>Games) wrote:
>
>>For any new list members wondering when FT 3rd Edn will be out, we
don't
>>exactly know - probably after we do BDS for DSII/SGII; however, the
>>forthcoming FT Fleet Book (being worked on now, and scheduled for
sometime
>>in the early part of '98 - basically as soon as it is finished!) will
>>contain a lot of the changes proposed for "FT3" and will form a bridge
>>between 2nd and 3rd editions.
>
>Jon, in your last official message on the matter you said that FT 3rd
>Edn would come out before BDS. I was just wondering what changed your
>mind. Is FT 3rd Edn taking longer to playtest than originally planned?
>Not that I'm complaining or anything (I'm REALLY looking forward to
>BDS). I was just curious.
>"Unlike serial killer profiling, writing is a lonely and
>depressing profession." - Jose Chung, Millenium

In fact, FTIII and BDS will probbaly be worked on very much in parallel
after the FT-FB is done, and which one gets published first may well
simply
come down to which one is finished first. BDS is likely to be the first
because of the demand for an SG/DS supplement, but of course we may
change
our minds again! :)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Revision Numbers [OFFICIAL REPLY] Next: FTL Kamikaze (was:Re: cm scale)