Prev: Re: cm scale Next: Assortment of Topics

Re: Gunboats in FT...

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 10:18:01 +0000
Subject: Re: Gunboats in FT...

Well, I think Full Thrust should be mutable to cover everything! As
far as Terrain, I've played with Nebula, Planets Asteroids,
minefields, Comets, and Spaceship debris. Many of our games are
Carrier Duels with waves of fighters engaging each other and
Starships hanging back and engaging with Heavy Weapons while Escorts
scream in on the flanks. Gunboats are an attempt to make something
bridging the gap between fighter and escort a "bomber" like a B-1
carrying SRAM loads... The attack fighter is more like an A-10 IMHO
and the Torpedo Fighter is more like a Dauntless in WWII

> Ok, this has been running for a bit.
> I think Full Thrust should be a big startship/fleet type game.
> Fighters should be a generic type thing. This is because one fighter
> isn't much compared to a battle cruiser.
>
> If your interested in fighters, then there should be a more
> detailed level at which you can play, which on average should
> have a similar outcome to the averages at a higher level/scale.
>
> Gunboats sound like something from silent death. Silent death is a
nice
> game, full of maneuvers and dogfighting. Full thrust is more like
broadsides.
> Not much terrain in vacuum. Move into range and pound away at the
chosen targets.

> david..
>
> --
> Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
> 243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 5pm - 1am
> http://www.binary.net.au

Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Prev: Re: cm scale Next: Assortment of Topics