Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: Re: Changing ISP

Re: cm scale

From: Carl and Krystal Black <cfblack@o...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:49:51 -0800
Subject: Re: cm scale

Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> Btw: Has anyone seen someone try out the "FTL-out suicide bombers"
> strategy? I.e. take Mass 2, Thr8, FTL ships, start at max speeds
> towards enemy. Order FTL out. Watch the enemy suffer. Mega-lame, but I
> think it could work in a competition.

I tried something similar that isn't quite that lame. Was somewhat
scenario
specific. A Mass 6, Thr8w/3submunitions packs. Pre-plot FTL entry,
location and
turn. Try to jump into the middle of enemy
fleet, pop off sub packs, FTL outta there. We played it two different
ways.
Pre-plot before set up,
standard deviation. Pre-plot during first turn orders, catastrophic
deviation.

--
Warning: Dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: Re: Changing ISP