Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: Revision Numbers

Re: cm scale

From: "People who actually *do* things with their lives - next time, on Geraldo!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 07:56:01 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: cm scale

> > >		     o Modify the collision rules to make clumping a bad
idea

>> > This actually might work,
>>
>> It'll work.
>
>I think it will result in one of two things:
>
>a) The damage is too small to be a deterrant and nothing really changes
>b) Some people start building dedicated ramships, and ramming
>with wounded vessels as a standard procedure

Change the damage potential by increasing it?

Set victory conditions such that if they DO ram they lose points or
something.
Or the first person to ram loses. Or something.

>Btw: Has anyone seen someone try out the "FTL-out suicide bombers"
>strategy? I.e. take Mass 2, Thr8, FTL ships, start at max speeds
>towards enemy. Order FTL out. Watch the enemy suffer. Mega-lame, but I
>think it could work in a competition.

Happened in one of my PBeM games. Bonehead Maneuver. I've outlawed it
since then.

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Colony Critical Mass Next: Revision Numbers