Prev: Re: Making Terrain Next: Bugs, Mr. Rico, Zillions of them...

Re: cm scale sucks

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 09:20:18 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: cm scale sucks

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> The pictures were a bit fuzzy, but from what I could make out of them
the
> SD ships weren't the ones causing the problems. (Or is the red blur a
> Talon? I can't see well enough to say :-(  )

Yup, it's on top of a Revenge.

> The ones based on what looked
> like GW Space Fleet bases seem more cramped, though - but they are far
> larger than the SD fighters I've seen so far.

They were all cramped. It's one huge base-to-base connected mass.
I don't know about you, but if I have ships ranging from Mass 8 DDs to
Mass 100 superdreddies on the board, I want some slight variation
in model size.

> Touching bases is my standard formation distance (ie, 3 mu) for
lighter
> ships (on SD bases, that is; most of them are converted SD units.)
unless
> the enemy uses Nova Cannon or Waveguns...

Not touching bases with the *enemy* I hope? That's my point. To bring a
formation to close firing range, you're essentially fighting a melee in
cm scale.

Good thing we didn't have any PT ships trying to get within 6cm...

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Making Terrain Next: Bugs, Mr. Rico, Zillions of them...