Prev: Bugs, Lt. Rico, millions of them!! Next: Re: Colony Critical Mass

Re: Colony Critical Mass

From: mshoen@b... (Michael Shoen)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 21:27:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Colony Critical Mass

	On the subject of colonization of other worlds the Brains wrote:

>:Begin Rant:
>They adapted to it the way the Maori did in New Zealand: by
>exterminating every animal larger than man-sized! The coming of
Humanity
>to Australia led to mass extinctions of many macro-fauna.
>This happens with every wave of primitive migration.

	Not always true. The Amerindians of my area led nomadic lives.
An
extrasolar colony  could lead a nomadic life style
	in many environments as the Cheyene, the Lapps, the Bedouins,
and
other cultures have done for generations. You just
	need the room to move around.

> And if we're not to
>be classed as "primitive" we better clean up our act as regards
>over-grazing, desertification etc too. Otherwise we too will be
"adapted
>to and living in complete harmony with our environment" : a polluted,
>sterile, desert.
>:End Rant:
>No I'm not a Greenie, just trying to take the long view.

	Well as we folks in Idaho say, " Earth First!...Log the other
planets later."

>On the subject of FT, when's FTIII due out?

	Yes, when will FTIII be released?

Prev: Bugs, Lt. Rico, millions of them!! Next: Re: Colony Critical Mass