Prev: Re: Infantry Dirtside Next: SGII boarding action

Re: Lightweight Fighters

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:37:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Lightweight Fighters

Gil,
     Perhaps a change of concept is due at this point.

     The lightweight fighter concept seemed to be a way to stuff
a few extra fighters in the same space/mass, so lets try this:

The rule: A fighter carrier can carry up to twice as many fighters
as it has hanger bays by paying the full cost of the non-existent
bays with no mass involved. (Waiting for a However yet.)

However! The carrier may only have half of the fighter compliment
armed at the start of the game/scenario and will only be able to
arm additional fighters as space becomes available due to launches.

This is a spur of the moment thought, and has not been playtested
in any way or form.   I would suggest if you try this you have some
sort of improved ship defense. ( I have already done some thinking
in this direction, but I would like to see how the increased
number of fighters comcept is greeted.)

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Infantry Dirtside Next: SGII boarding action