Prev: jsciv@bev.net: [BAB]: Earthforce Release Date!!! Next: Re: Infantry Dirtside

RE: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

From: "BEST, David" <dbest@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:45:23 -0700
Subject: RE: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

Mr. Pournelle wrote
>----------
>

>	The Workers:  Worker bugs are about half the size of a Soldier
bug and
>have a quality die of 1D4 for combat but a quality die of 1D12 for
digging,
>work etc.

>	On the other hand the normal soldier bugs were very effective in
>HTH versus the normal troopers.

I don't have my copy of the book as I've loaned it to a friend but I
don't remember anything in the book to indicate workers were a different
size than the warriors.  It does say they look alike and you have to
look very closely to tell them apart.  Also after Ricco fell down the
hole and got back out he radioed his men to look very carefully to see
if they were workers or warriors.  I would say they should be the same
size.  Also I believe I remember  Ricco saying a man in a power suit is
more than a match for a warrior (I'm not thinking of the gorrilla
reference) unless he was swarmed.

As another issue  MI were spaced out  distance wise.  Ricco mentions
being about 300 yards or metres and that was the equivalent of being
shoulder to shoulder.

David Best

Prev: jsciv@bev.net: [BAB]: Earthforce Release Date!!! Next: Re: Infantry Dirtside