Prev: FT III Next: Re: Looking for So. Calif. GZG Players

Babylon 5 Wars

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 20:36:53 +0000
Subject: Babylon 5 Wars

Just a couple of questions for any B5 Wars players out
there...

Is it possible to not face a hex side while firing? A
Minbari War Cruiser can only bring all its front weapons
to bare on a target if that target is neatly lined up
along a hex row if facings are restricted to hex sides.
This seems pretty stupid, but I can't find any rules
which allow lining up on a target. Are there any? Has
anyone come up with something workable?

Also, has anyone tried ditching the hex system and just
used some convenient measurement scale? Any problems
with doing this?

Finally, more a background point, but does anyone else
think that the scales are totally wrong? 150m length for
a Minbari Cruiser seems out by a factor of about ten, given
how big they look when compared to B5 itself (8km long).

I think the game could be more tactically interesting
than FT - mainly because of the more varied fire arcs
(an Omega needs to recharge its big front weapons, so
has to be brought round to give a broadside etc), but
isn't too suited for big combats. I'll leave judgement
until I've played a few real games I think.

--
Be seeing you,		    http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk
Sam.			    -- Fantasy and Science Fiction

Prev: FT III Next: Re: Looking for So. Calif. GZG Players