Prev: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea... Next: More Bio Forces Ideas

Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:10:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea...

Brian Burger wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Geo-Hex wrote:
> > Systems Administrator, Internet Design Group, Inc.
> >- the director and
> > the producers obviously avoided having any military personnel as
> > advisors - didn't want to sully their "vision" of the project!!

The miltary advisor to the film was none other than Cpt Dale Dye (USMC-
Ret.). He's probably the best militatry advisor in hollywood and in very
hi demand. He was the advisor for platoon, (He also starred as the
company commander in that movie). Dye was a rifle company commander in
Vietnam so he knows his shit....which makes the easilty fixable tactics
problems with the film more dismaying. I can only surmise that Verhoeven
runs the film, regardless of what input anyone gives him.  Of course
Verhoeven was an officer in the Dutch Marines too, so he should know
better.

Los

Prev: Re: Starship Troopers: I've got a wonderful Grinchy Idea... Next: More Bio Forces Ideas