Prev: Re: Bio-Forces Next: Re: SV: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

From: TEHughes@a...
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 00:17:46 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>

<< >	8.  From what I gathered, Rico wasn't a blond haired, blue eyed
white
 > kid in the book, no?

 If Beunos Aires (sp) is Rico's hometown, the odds are against him being
 nice blond Aryan uber-hero...but everyone knows that ALL heros are
 blond-haired, blue-eyed all-American twits, right??? (Sorry, don't mean
 offend the American list members..it's not you, just Hollywood...)

 I think the book mentioned Tagalog as Rico's home-language, another
blow
 for the case of him as uber-hero...

Please correct:::>

Rico was a Phillipino => Tagalog is a indiginous language of the
Phillipines.
He also mentions Aguinaldo (mind my spelling) as home town hero
=>Aguinaldo,
Emilio 1869 - 1964 Rebelled against the Spanish in the Phillipines then
allied with the Yanks in the Spanish American war, then fought the Yanks
when
they didn't go home 1899-1901. Noted freedom fighter.

The Bugs Nuked Buenos Aires (when his mother was visiting there I
believe.)
It was not his home town.

I believe I have this correct even if I haven't read this in 25 years
but I
did read this book about twenty times though.

Tom Hughes

Prev: Re: Bio-Forces Next: Re: SV: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>>