Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: RE: Bio-Forces

RE: DSII: APSW

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:14:54
Subject: RE: DSII: APSW

At 08:05 AM 11/5/97 +1000, you wrote:

>You got the damage wrong Phil. ALL of the heavy weapons impact vs
>infantry is d8. And not all vehicles get Superior Firecon. So RFAC
>outrange the SAW but SAW has better impact. I'd still prefer SAW vs
>infantry.

	I took a closer look at the rules and saw that I was reading
them
incorrectly.  However, given another members  comments on how RFACs
should
work and reading Jon tuffley's description that an RFAC/1 is a 20mm
cannon
and an RFAC/2 is a 35mm auto cannon, then I think that two changes
should
be made.  In SGII use the damage of a RFAC against dispersed targets as
the
damage againts infantry.  In DSII draw three chits vice two for damage
of
an RFAC or VRF Gauss weapon versus infantry.  The D8 damage of heavy
weapons described in SGII should be used for MDC and other weapons
firing a
behive round or its equivelent in close combat.

	Phil

Prev: Re: SPOILER<<STARSHIP TROOPERS REVIEW>> Next: RE: Bio-Forces