Prev: Re: ST:DS9 battle Next: Re: Strategic Thrust

RE: DSII: APSW

From: "Ryan M. Gill" <monty@a...>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 18:27:14 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: DSII: APSW

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Glover, Owen wrote:

> So all up the SAW has an advantage in the To Hit Roll, the RFAC has an
> advantage in the Ranges and the SAW has better chance of causing
> casualties. I'd rather fire the SAW at infantry in most cases. The
RFAC
> is better if the vehicle becomes suppressed of course since you can't
> fire an external mount SAW in that case.

Thats interesting considering that in modern times RFACS end up being
much more effective at killing infantry given that they have a much
higher rate of fire and larger (read explosive) rounds. In the case of
the Anti Aircraft Artillery used in groundfire mode, they should be even

more effective...

There is currently a thread about this in sci.military.moderated.
The Israelis used PIVADS in an anti sniper mode in lebananon. The 20mm
vulcan would fill the area where the sniper fired from with lead. The
Russians used the ZSU Shilkas with the radar systems yanked in Chechniya

and Afganistan to engage infantry firing from the heights and from
buildings. They yanked the fire control radar to make room for more
 ammunition.

- Ryan Montieth Gill  /|\   Scotland Forever  DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- monty@arcadia.turner.com (work / play)  www.mojoski.com/~rgill -
- rmgill@mindspring.com    points to	monty@arcadia.turner.com -
-     'Mehev'		   'The Barge'	       'Bumblecrow'	 -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-   Tlot, in the frosty silence! Tlot, in the echoing night! *	 -
-   Nearer he came and nearer! Her face was like a light! * Her  -
- eyes grew wide for a moment! She drew one last deep breath, *  -
- Then her finger moved in the moonlight, * Her musket shattered -
-   the moonlight, * Shattered her breast in the moonlight and	 -
- warned him with her death.	    "The Highwayman"		 -
-				  Lyrics - Alfred Noyes 	 -
-		    From "the Book of Secrets" Loreena McKennitt -

Prev: Re: ST:DS9 battle Next: Re: Strategic Thrust