Prev: Strategic Thrust Next: SV: What is FMA (was Common to-hit system)

Re: Bio-Forces

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 13:11:10 +0100
Subject: Re: Bio-Forces

Brian at 13:44 01/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I am probably interested mainly in how non-human ground/atmospheric
forces
>interact in DS2.

...And SGII I hope (FMC) 'Full Metal Cuitin' !!!

>Realistically, it would probably capture survivors of space battles.
>Genetically engineer a virus. And wipe out the population of the planet
>that they are attacking.

...You are assuming that this is easy. Not been a genetic engineer, but
having friend who are,this approach would, a) take a long time, b)
assume
the defenders are dumb and have no bio-tec defence , and c) could be
v.dangerous.
The last point assumes the race uses bio-tec in everything and their
scientists discover that the modified earth virus eats the bio-test tube
first before converting the lab/science wing/ship to bitter tasting dust
and
wheatgerm!!

>I also thought of insect-like attack species. Like the virus,

...Same problem, Earth defence discovers 'Raid / ant(alien) away or salt
(if
its a slug attack)

>Then I thought of dropping warrior creatures to act as warriors . The
main
>drawback of this is range. They can only make close assaults (unless
they
>carry weapons leaving the bio-theme). This can
>be quite effective but only in close quarters. They get slottered in
>open terrain.

...In SGII if they have lots (or even only 5) good quality leaders you
are
doomed whatever your ranged attack!

>I also thought of soldiers with bio-powered versions of the normal DS2
>weapons. Again, this seemed to streach reality beyond the breaking
point

...No if you use the old 'X-files' take over theme .Enemy forces that
are
captured using Bio-techniques are altered to semi automatons and then
sent
out using the weaponry they have to suppliment the bio-forces.

>what philosophy does the Sa'Vasku use for Ground Forces.

...That of Karl Arachnids 'mein spikes'  ;-)

Jon (top cat)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Strategic Thrust Next: SV: What is FMA (was Common to-hit system)