Prev: Re: FT: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs Next: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update

Re: New Battlefleet Gothic? (was Re: Full Tilt?)

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 09:45:05 -0800
Subject: Re: New Battlefleet Gothic? (was Re: Full Tilt?)

Siefert"@csd.uw
> >>	     I've also heard that the somewhat Evil Empire (it's not
totally evil
> >> because I do like Epic 40K) is finnally considering rereleasing the
> >> Space Fleet minis and a new version of Battlefleet Gothic.  Well,
we'll
> >> see.
> >
> >We'll also see if they actually end up releasing the (old) Space
Fleet
> >minis.  I do have it on good authority that they're finally doing
> >fighter rules -- ~3mm Thunderbolts have already been produced -- but
my
> >source already said that GW was using 'in-house, scratch-built things
> >for playtesting'.  I'd *really* like to know what happened to the old
> >models... and I *really* hope GW doesn't "modernize" it's fleet the
way
> >it's tried to "modernize" the Warlord Titan.  (Battletech, anyone?)
> >

> No of course they won't re-release the same old minis - then people
would
> be able to play with their existing collections, and not have to buy
loads
> of new stuff...
>
> Sorry, am I being just a little bit cynical...?   ;)
>
> Jon (GZG)
>
> >*When* is, however, still unknown.
> >
> >		       Aaron Teske
> >		       Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

TWIMC,
     History is on the side of those who claim that 'The Evil
Empire' is really controlled by the 'marketing department' and
not by the game designers.
     It should be noted that in the official tourneys run by
Citadel flunkies that figures must be Citadel unless "Citadel
does not produce a figure of that type".
 Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: FT: Pulse Torpedoes vs. Submunition Packs Next: Re: FT: Empress Arianna Tournament Update