Prev: Re: SV: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted... Next: Re: SV: SV: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted...

Re: 15mm SF figures

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:58:53 +0000
Subject: Re: 15mm SF figures

>First, pardon the two-list posting, which means some of you will get
this
>twice. To add to the fun, I'm probably going to post a version of this
>rec.games.miniatures.misc soon. Those of you who'll read this two or
three
>times, excuse me...
>
>On to my point: I'm looking for names & addresses of companies that
make
>15mm science fiction figs and stuff, suitable for playing GZG's
StarGrunt
>2.
>
>Does GZG still make their line of 15mm vehicles and figs? (Jon, I know
>you're out there...) Failing continued production, could you be induced
>restart production from your old molds?

We can (and do) still cast the two infantry packs that we released a few
years back (NAC and ESU squads), though we don't list them in the
catalogue
now. We usually have a few packs around at shows in case anyone wants
them.
The old 15mm vehicle moulds have just about had it now (ther ARE over
ten
years old!).

>Who else? I've borrowed a friend's old catalogs from TableTop Games,
does
>anyone have experience with their stuff?

TTG stuff is old designs, but nice - worth a look. FYI, most of them
were
designed when Bryan Ansell was still at TTG, and were the forerunners of
the WH40K ideas... :)

>Irregular Minis has a small line of 15mm SF, does anyone want to tell
me
>what they're like?

Like most of Irreg's stuff, cheap and cheerful! Not very good, but you
get
a lot for your money...

>Beyond that, I really don't know who or what else is out
there...there's
>loads of 15mm historical, quite a bit of 15mm fantasy, but very little
>15mm science fiction.

Peter Pig do a small but nice SF line.

>I'm interested in lines currently in production, I know about the old
>Traveller 15mm stuff, but it's no longer made and I want to be able to
>continue buying from the same line as my budget allows...massive
one-off
>purchases are outside my reach, so I want a line that's going to be
>available for a bit...
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)

Jon (GZG)