Prev: Re: Dirtside Mini's- infantry Next: Re: Someone send me message

Re: SV: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted...

From: "Ryan M. Gill" <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:15:51 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: SV: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted...

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> > Both these systems are long overdue for the release of some
supplementary
> > material, and we know a lot of you are keen to see Bugs Don't Surf
(the
> > promised SGII supplement) published. Well, now the FT Fleet Book is
[snip]

I can't wait!

> The one thing I can think of right now that is missing is a note on
"how
> vehicles shoot APSWs at infantry". According to Mike, a vehicle with
> multiple APSWs can fire each of them at a different infantry stand (he
said
> so on the list a long time ago), but the rules don't say so anywhere.

Hmm, thats something I've not thought of but it does make sense.

Things I'd like to see:

Flame Throwers - Infantry and Vehicle Mounted.

Incendiary/WP rounds for artilley and DFO.

FAE's

HE direct fire weapons (Small support weapons like the BMP-3 has up to
the flying dustbin 165mm direct fire demolition guns used on AREV's and
M-60 AEV's).

Light aircraft that can loiter on table. I want a cheap, slow moving
drone that doesn't zip across the table on its turn but stays on table
and observes.

Expanded rules for large Aerospace Craft (Drop Ships, Assault Landers,
ie
rules for the ships that are from the Microtac range...) What happens
when the attackers that are raiding the Space port come realize there is

a landed Orbital Defence Gunboat landed for service to the engines?

Longer range Anti-Aircraft weapons. ie DSII versions of Roland, Patriot,

ADATs, SA-8, SA-6, etc. Say I want to defend against GMS/Hs and
GMS/H-ERs?

Longer range GMS/Hs. (GMS/H-ER) Say I want to launch an ARM at the
longrange Airdefence system?

AC Gunships, I've built one for some test in a game. Essentially a large

Size 6 AeroSpace with a MDC 3, HEL 3 and 3 RFAC 2's (the anti infantry
proposed on one of the house rules pages). All fire to the side. Should
be possible given the size of the Aircraft. (look at the AC-130) It also

has a PDS (countermeasures/decoys), Sup ECM, 3 armour, and 2 Sup
Firecons. I haven't used it yet... I like the idea though...

- Ryan Montieth Gill  /|\   Scotland Forever  DoD# 0780/AMA/SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- monty@arcadia.turner.com (work / play)  www.mojoski.com/~rgill -
- rmgill@mindspring.com    points to	monty@arcadia.turner.com -
-     'Mehev'		   'The Barge'	       'Bumblecrow'	 -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -
-   Tlot, in the frosty silence! Tlot, in the echoing night! *	 -
-   Nearer he came and nearer! Her face was like a light! * Her  -
- eyes grew wide for a moment! She drew one last deep breath, *  -
- Then her finger moved in the moonlight, * Her musket shattered -
-   the moonlight, * Shattered her breast in the moonlight and	 -
- warned him with her death.	    "The Highwayman"		 -
-				  Lyrics - Alfred Noyes 	 -
-		    From "the Book of Secrets" Loreena McKennitt -

Prev: Re: Dirtside Mini's- infantry Next: Re: Someone send me message