Prev: Re: What is FMA (was Common to-hit system) Next: Re: Dirtside Mini's- infantry

SV: What is FMA (was Common to-hit system)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:42:46 +0100
Subject: SV: What is FMA (was Common to-hit system)

Chris wrote:

> >>FMA. This method changes die type depending on condition.
>

> What is, by definition the FMA system.  I have all the FT/MT/DS2/and
SG2
> books, but I admit i have never read any of them cover to cover.
(I've
> read the parts that I needed)
>
> Is the FMA the way you use the different die types (e.g. d4, d6, d8,
d10,
> d12, d20?) or the chits?
>
> I guess what I've ready I understood the FMA to encompass both he
paper
> "chits" in combination with the die types.

> But what is FMA?

FMA, unless my memory fails me entirely, is the opposed die-roll
mechanism
using various-sided dice as used in DSII and SGII. I don't think the
chits
is included in the system. Full Thrust does _not_ use FMA.

Of course, if my memory _does_ fail me Jon will tell us the truth :-)

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: What is FMA (was Common to-hit system) Next: Re: Dirtside Mini's- infantry