Prev: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted... Next: Re: FT3: Common to-hit system

RE: FT3: Common to-hit system

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:52:48 -0000
Subject: RE: FT3: Common to-hit system

On Monday, October 27, 1997 7:09 PM, Oerjan Ohlson
[SMTP:oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com] wrote:

> No, it uses two rolls per weapon - at least the FMA variant I've seen
> (DSII). Unless, of course, you lump many weapons together in one roll,
but
> then you've got sums instead :-/

You are of course correct. I was using a rather loose definition of FMA
to be
a system
that uses polyhedral die for factoring. Yes in DS2 you do have opposed
die
battles.
No I don't want that in FT.

>> I wouldn't call the SD system "FMA", though:
<snip>
> Also, I'm not entirely sure if ICE has protected this system or not
<snip>

They probably have, but its the concept of using different polyhedral
die to
represent the various to-hit factors I was getting at, rather than a
direct rip off of their system (which is one of the best things in SD).

However as JT said, the fistfuls of D6 are too fundamental to the FT
simple game mechanics and balance to do away with. So it looks like its
going
to be the good ol' to-hit system in FT3.

What we need now is JT to bring out his own range of gaudy combat die
;-|

--
Tim

Prev: [OFFICIAL!] Attention SG2/DS2 players! Help wanted... Next: Re: FT3: Common to-hit system