Prev: Re: In defense of AOG and CE. Next: RE: FT3: Common to-hit system

Re: Miniature Cement

From: Deeply in Love with Dot <jw4@b...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:30:43 +0000
Subject: Re: Miniature Cement

At 18:58 25/10/97 -1000, you wrote:
>Here's a question I'm hoping the people on this list can help me with:
>
>I've cemented the various Full Thrust ships to their bases using
Inst-Cure+
>(i.e. super glue). [That is, I'm gluing the posts into the holes
drilled in
>the bottom of the ship.] However, it seems that this is a high-stress
>joint, so I'm having to constantly re-glue the posts back onto the
ships.

>Does anyone have any suggestions as to what glue/cement I should use
for a
>better bond?
OK, here's what I do.

First off, drill a small  hole inside the hole in the model. Then, drill
similar hole (I use a pin vice) in the 'pole' you mount it on. Then,
superglue a straight piece snipped off a paper clip into the hole on the
'pole. Then glue all that into the model with a bit of two-part epoxy
glue,
steady it with some tape or blutack and leave overnight. I've never had
one
break despite being dropped, thrown, stuffed in bags..

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: In defense of AOG and CE. Next: RE: FT3: Common to-hit system