Prev: Re: FTIII Next: development cycles and design programs

Re: In defense of AOG and CE.

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:03:21 +0000
Subject: Re: In defense of AOG and CE.

Sorry, I don't agree. I've been gaming since 1978 (starting with AH's
Bismarck) and without fail, almost EVERY ruleset has quirks when it
first comes out. Look at FT (which I adore slavishly) and the
problems with a)Kra'Vak b)beam weapon pricing c)Savasku lack of point
system d)etc, etc. That does not keep me from liking the product. I
have found B5Wars to be a lot of fun!

> I agree wholeheartedly with regard to CE.  AoG's product, on the other
hand,
> has a lot of problems that have nothing to do with either distribution

> problems or miniatures, and everything to do with design process and
final
> rules.
>
> -- Chris Weuve   [My opinions, not my employer's.]
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Software

"Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Prev: Re: FTIII Next: development cycles and design programs