Prev: Re: Win95 Starship Generator??? Next: Re: Valiant Stardate:3000 and Gloaty Bits

Re: Schedules

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:09:39 +0200 (EET)
Subject: Re: Schedules

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Christopher Weuve wrote:

> On Oct 23, 1997 at 2:56:07 PM, axe@knuth.mtsu.edu (Tracy Hale) wrote:
>
> > It has been my opinion that no game company of any size has ever
been
> > able to keep up with published schedules. I've played with wargames
and
> > such for almost 20 yrs and rarely have I ever seen a product come
out
> > when scheduled.

Actually, T$R, whatever its other faults, was very good with deadlines.
But generally, you are right. It's just that it's not just gaming, it's
pretty much the entire publishing industry, from software to books
(newspapers and magazines being the notable exception).

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Win95 Starship Generator??? Next: Re: Valiant Stardate:3000 and Gloaty Bits