Prev: Re: B5 Wars Distribution Problems Next: Re: FTIII

Re: SV: The much Awaited Earth Force Source Book

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 13:15:25
Subject: Re: SV: The much Awaited Earth Force Source Book

At 03:38 PM 10/23/97 -0500, Stuart Murray wrote:

>As far as I'm aware Chameleon Eclectic are doing a deal with a Euro
>publisher (Titan Books I think) to publish all the B5 RPG stuff over
there.
>I wouldn't hold your breath though, CE seem to be VERY slow and very
behind
>thier schedule for the B5 stuff.
>
>Is it me or has Warner picked two pretty poor games companies to get
out
>the B5 stuff, both AOG and CE seem perpetually either behind schedule,
>beset by production problems, or just plain incompetant (OK, that may
be
>harsh but so far AOG has not impressed me).

	JMS had a big hand in hiring these guys to do the games...
Warner
Brothers just went along with it.  There were a couple larger game
companies that were interested but the inside track was already taken.
That is too bad, there was such an opportunity here.  Now not only will
B5
not gain a large market share in the toy area but a small market share
of
the gaming world (which unfortunately is not that big to start with...)

Prev: Re: B5 Wars Distribution Problems Next: Re: FTIII