Prev: Re: Big Guns and Small Ships (was Re: house rules/offline) Next: StarBlazers

RE: SG2-A few questions

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 13:02:56 -0700
Subject: RE: SG2-A few questions

At 10:20 AM 10/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Thanks, Owen! I thought Paul's post was another one of those 'priority'
>attachments by MS software. ;->=
>
>PC, not all mail systems can handle attachments. Is there a way of you
>posting to the list without using them? I think I saw this on someone
>else's post recently, and just deleted it, thinking it was garbage.
>
>The_Beast
>
>**Personal rant about M$ followed by questions into the death of the
>founder of DRI and fantasies of Bill Gates head in a slowly closing
vise
>deleted***

I sent the original message from work where I have GroupWise. It sends
out
a header that gets interpreted as an attachment by some mail programs.
Nothing I can do about it. No fear though, I most always post from home
with Eudora.

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@rahul.net

"If I had time...to study war, I think I should concentrate almost
entirely
on the 'actualities of war,' the effects of tiredness, hunger, fear,
lack
of sleep, weather....The principles of strategy and tactics...are
absurdly
simple: it is the actualities t
hat make war so complicated and so difficult, and are usually neglected
by
historians."

--FM Archibald Wavell to B.H. Liddell Hart (as quoted in "Frontsoldaten:
The German Soldier in World War Two" by Stephen G. Fritz.)

Prev: Re: Big Guns and Small Ships (was Re: house rules/offline) Next: StarBlazers