Prev: house rules/offline Next: Re: GZG 2300AD???

Re: Fleet Book

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:25:54 +0100
Subject: Re: Fleet Book

>Jon,
>
>Are you using a new or tweaked ship design system for the ships
>in the fleet book?  Is it finalized (as much as you can anything
>is which is not yet in print) yet?
>
>thanks,
>andy
>
>--
>Andy Skinner
>askinner@avs.com

Yes, and No, respectively. Having decided that we're going to fix things
like the Battery Mass problems, and wanting to move to the "variable
Mass
drives" (ie: a % of Mass per thrust level), this would invalidate all
the
"old" ship designs anyway (even just moving A Batts from 3 to 4 mass
would
do that!), so we've decided to go the whole hog and use a completely
revised design system, which will of course be expained fully in the
Fleet
Book.
The system is nearly there, but not yet finalised, we're currently doing
lot of playtesting to see how the various systems and designs stack up
ensure we've got the right feel to it. I'm pretty happy with the way it
looks right now.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: house rules/offline Next: Re: GZG 2300AD???