Prev: Re: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII Next: Wing Commander Star Maps

Re: model Macross ships

From: adrian@i... (Adrian Bruce)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:21:14 +0900 (JST)
Subject: Re: model Macross ships

In article <199710131748.CAA24721@inetc.roland.co.jp>
rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk writes:

>> The Hobbylink Japan homepage (http://www.iac.co.jp/~hlj/) has a
product
>> announcement, with photos, of 4 Arii kits of alien warships from the
>> "Macross" anime- All of VERY large vessels, in 1/20000 scale ranging
from
>> 14 cm to 19 cm long, so they'd make good superships.  500 yen each,
and they
>> each include a 1/20000 (6 cm long) Macross.	I've never used HLJ, but
I'm
>> sorely tempted by these.
>>
>> http://www.iac.co.jp/~hlj/pages/arii/ariscifi.html#Macross
>>
>> cheers
>> Rob

It is apparently the 15th anniversary of Macross and there are a whole
lot of kit re-issues in the toy and hobby stores at the moment. I
don't think it is actually that popular in Japan at the moment thought.
Probably just a nostalgia trip like Thunderbirds was a few years ago...

The smallest kits aren't very accurate either, more your plastic toy,
than an accurate model kit.

On a related note, the original videos in Japanese of what you call
'Legends of the Galactic Heroes' start going on sale here from
November 21st. This Anime was done in 1989, and recently a SEGA game
based on it has been released.

	Adrian Bruce   adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp
	Science Fiction Fantasy Design and Implementation
	SF2D&I http://www.rinc.roland.co.jp/~adrian/

Prev: Re: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII Next: Wing Commander Star Maps