Prev: Re: Are My GenCon Pictures on a Web Site Somewhere? Next: Re: Map Sizes

Re: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:33:06 +0000
Subject: Re: Low Tech forces in DSII/SGII

At 11:07 PM 13/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
> Rob Paul <rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk>   said:

>> A classic novel of this situation is Poul Anderson's "The High
Crusade", a
>> sort of dead-pan comedy (DON'T watch the film version, it's really
dire).

>There was a movie version? Who put it out and when?
>
>Randy

	About 3 or 4 years ago- done as a "zany" comedy by some Germans
on a
medium/low budget with a British cast.	The storyline is mostly as much
per
the book, but cut down and ending on the first Wersgorix planet.  The
Wersgorix are recognisable from the book, and there language is
represented
by English in a Scottish accent, and therefore incomprehensible to the
English- one of the very few funny things in the film.	Next time I'm in
Blockbuster I'll look to see if they still have it.  As I said, it's
VERY
poor, but if you're a fan of the book (as I am), then it's all we're
going
to get.

cheers
Rob

Prev: Re: Are My GenCon Pictures on a Web Site Somewhere? Next: Re: Map Sizes