Prev: Speaking of size..... :) Next: Re: Vector Rules

Re: Map Sizes

From: BJCantwell@a...
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 15:23:47 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Map Sizes

> The standard map size I have come up with is a playing field 3'x 5'.
Does
>  that sound about right?  On the living room floor I have taped the
outline
>  and then broken it down  further into 1'x 1' boxes.	What this does
is
>  allow for an easy point of refernce for saving a game.

We usually play on a 4' x 6-7' surface.  Anytime I get a chance to play
on a
wider table I do.  Another couple of feet in width really opens the
table up
for fast little guys, giving them a much better chance of maneuvering
out of
the death zone of a big armed brick.  On a 4' wide table, a
superdreadnoiught
can ride the center stripe and have both edges just within the medium
range
for beam weapons.  A wider table gives you room to slip by into the rear
without taking excessive casualties...

Later

Brian

Prev: Speaking of size..... :) Next: Re: Vector Rules