Prev: Assult shuttles Next: Alderson Points

RE: Stargrunt2 Question

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 13:32:12 +1000
Subject: RE: Stargrunt2 Question

Something we've discussed a number of times. The rules state (don't you
hate it when a sentence starts with that?) that the squad is an eligible
target only if the line of sight goes from centre of firer to centre of
target. For the factors, count the squad by the type of cover the
MAJORITY of the squad is in. But then Jon goes on to mention that you
may, if you wish, determine the LOS for a partial squad eg if the squad
was partially concealed behind a building that the players could agree
to engage the troops that were visible.

Personally we play the KISS (keep it simple stupid) approach and opt for
centre to centre LOS. I guess you need to agree which options to use
before starting a game.

Owen Glover
IT Services