Prev: Re: Newbie Ship Question Next: ADAM DELAFIELD

Re: Newbie Ship Question

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 09:11:34 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: Newbie Ship Question

>Hello all,
>
>I have been lurking on the list now for nearly a month and have finally
>gottent through the Full Thrust rulebook.  I am quite in impressed to
say
>the least.  The list is also quite fun and at atimes has information I
can
>use.  Not bad when you compare it to the usefullness of some
mail-lists.

Welcome to the list.  Its always good to hear from a new player.  Kinda
freshens things up a bit.

>There are a few questions I have.
>
>1) Where can I find some more scenarios?  I am very new to tabletop
games
>and not exactly the most creative (lack of experience) when it comes to
>making a scenario.

There are more scenarios in More Thrust.  If you get it for the
scenarios
and expanded fighter rules and nothing else, its still a good buy.
Also,
you could check out the Unofficial Full thrust Web Page.  There are
couple
of scenarios on that and links to other pages around the world.  The URL
is:

http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/FT/thrust.html

>2) I see this advertisemnt in the back of Full Thrust for miniatures.
Are
>there ship  stats for these miniatures somewhere.

Not as yet.  Its actually a point of contention here on the list as to
what
each power's ships would be designed with.  But there IS a fleet book in
the
pipeline, I believe, that should answer all our questions.

>3) Is there a decent Win3.x or Win95 based ship generator available
other
>than the DOS based one or the Excel-based spreadsheets?  I sure hope,
>because my preliminary assessment is that it will take me over a month
>make one using either Visual Basic 5 (enterprise edition) or this other
>program I am looking into, but who's title escapes me.  My take is to
not
>reinvent the wheel if it has already been done or is in the process.

There are a couple on the Unofficial FT page, plus I believe that GeoHex
has
just released a Ship generator.  You can get more info about that at
their
web site at :

http://www.geohex.com/

-Kelvin.....

	"Young lady, in THIS house we obey
	      the laws of Thermodynamics!"
			-Homer Simpson
	    email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: Newbie Ship Question Next: ADAM DELAFIELD