Prev: Re: Point Defense Weapon systems. Next: Re: Aliens Action Fleet APC

Re: Sa'vasku

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:12:51 +1000 (EST)
Subject: Re: Sa'vasku

>Enough of Kra'vak talk - they are far approaching the most over exposed
>aliens in the Universe!
>Has anybody tried some serious games using Sa'vasku fleets?  I saw the
>pirate game on the UFTWS which looked like fun [I haven't tried it out
>yet], however I've found Sa'vasku really hard [dare I say boring] to
play.

We have used them seriously several times now and found them great fun
use.  They can be quite powerful, and I have seen a fleet of them trash
an
NSL fleet of equal mass in 3 rounds of firing without taking heavy
casualties.  Impressive.  But as was said earlier by someone else, they
can
be slow to play.  Very slow.

>A quick run down of what we have come up with:

<Snip new rules>

Some of these look pretty good.  They do need a bit of variety.  The
Bio-shock beams are just a little too dull.

>The above seems to work pretty well - I was going to show some people
at
>MOAB, maybe run a short demo game, but I will be recovering from a week
>interstate partying by then.  I'd like to see what ideas/comments
people
>have and next weekend I could mail actual rule details [in house] to
those
>who are interested.  Maybe then we can talk about Kra'vak again [I have
got
>some beauties for those bugs...].

<Sigh>

If only Brisbane had a better convention.  BrisCon just isn't what it
used
to be. Ad all the good Cons are down South.

-Kelvin.....

	"Young lady, in THIS house we obey
	      the laws of Thermodynamics!"
			-Homer Simpson
	    email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: Point Defense Weapon systems. Next: Re: Aliens Action Fleet APC